Costumes

Costumes

People go to bed every evening.
They wake up every morning.
Some wake up on the wrong side of the bed,
others wake up on the same side of the bed every day,
some coz they cannot stand the person in bed with them,
others coz they are too lazy to roll over to the other side,
but most because there is no other side of the bed.
But they all have one thing in common.
Its their life...
Some love it,
Some hate it,
But most accept it.
They dress up,
Some take a shower,
They all have morning rituals.
But while some are excited over the long day ahead,
Others just want it to end.
While most go to work,
Others to school,
Some don even know where to go.
The moment they walk out the door,
They all become what society expects them to be
students, teachers, patients, doctors, criminals, lawyers, judges, police (and yes some of them are Administration Police), politicians, workers, jobless, journalist, actors, film makers, artist, musicians....
They all have a role.
When I wake up,
Like Superman, Batman, Spiderman and the likes I put on my costume,
and no am not going to save the world or make it a better place,
No Am just going to pretend the world is a better place.
I wake up every morning to fit in,
Put on my costume and pretend to enjoy what am doing,
Laugh make jokes.
But most times my life is the joke.
How the hell did this become my life,
I was that guy who had a vision.
Wat the hell happened to it.
One day I'll wake up on the other side of that bed,
They'll say i woke up on the wrong side of the bed,
That day i will not put on a costume,
I will not pretend,
I will walk out the door and I will make my world a better place.
I do not need a costume for that.
That day is not today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

60 seconds

HEARTLESS

RIDDLE ME THIS