THE MEASURE OF LONELINESS

It's bedtime
 I kill them lights and jump onto my 6 by 5
Take my 6 by 2 and stare into the dark 6 by 3
Stretch out into that lonely 6 by 3 where you should be
Search my thoughts think of that space you wanted and I gave
It's that space beyond that 6 by 3 measure

I drift off into sleep
Dream of you of us filling this 6 by 5 give or take those 6 by 1 fights
Am up by 4
Toss and turn wondering into your 6 by 3
Am out of bed by 5

I stretch my back
Push up them 10 by 3 sets
Crunch them 10 by 2 sets
Situp them 10 by 3 sets
Jump into the shower and wash them guns

Its 603 and brew that 2 cup coffee
Set the kitchen table its meant for 2
Sip down that black coffee its strong like you
Suit up and think of you

Out the door and onto that traffic
I pull out my phone and get anti social on your page
Should I like that post or react to that pic
You come online on my 6 inch TFT 
You're just a text away but a mindset too far

Clients on phone by 7
Am sucked into work
And dive deep in to drawn you out
But on the in betweens you surface for air
I gaze out into the thought space of you
Zone out the work
Till my colleague pulls me back

We crack that brief
Hack that gig
Pitch them news
Get our clients to give them views
But's 506 so I call it a day

Am back to being antisocial on them pages
Can't like them poss nor tag them pics
I get home dress down and wind down them thoughts
Cook up a storm
Serve up and dine on that table for two and stare down that cushion size space

Its bedtime
I kill them lights
Jump on that 6 by 5
Take up my 6 by 2
Gaze into that empty 6 by 3
The true measure of loneliness
6 by 3

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HEARTLESS

60 seconds

RIDDLE ME THIS