TWO GIRLS AND A GIFT CARD.

Am not really known for short stories but what the heck as it just so happens this is a short story. And if am going to write one it might as well be this one. So this then as the title suggests is the story of Two girls and a Gift Card...
It all started with one of my friends having a long week you remember how it was like in school around exam time. Hectic term papers, presentations, exams and killing research. So I thought to myself how about a pick me up...
Since we all know campus is no place for success cards, (unless yo playing a prank on someone, hmm maybe I should try that some day), I once again thought to myself how about a gift Card.


So I went shopping never mind that it was 8:30 on a Sunday evening. I got to the supermarket and since I had earlier told myself I was going shopping I did some shopping got some of those usual bachelor shopping basket items bread, biscuits, milk, tomato sauce etc. Then I set out to get what I was really here for a Gift Card.
Now if you know anything about gift cards you'll know that it need not be complex. They just need to be small, at most 5cm by 4cm. Now in the old days before social media, chatrooms, text and email this was easy. You could find just about any card. And the beauty of it all was that they had elegant design and unlike most things they favoured your own creativity. Beside the elegant design they had blank cards that enabled you to title the card yourself. Use your own hand written message. It gave it all a personal touch so when someone got it, it felt more special. But this days they have cards that say everything for you leaving no space for you give it that touch. On this particular night I was looking for two gift cards for two of the most beautiful women I've ever met. No its nothing like what your thinking. Maybe I should described them.
The first is well cute really cute, when you first meet her you have to rub your eyes to be sure, and if you thought you like her, wait till she opens her mouth. And those eyes, hard to look at her and not blink. Everything about her is pretty. Beauty and brains to boot. Has the most amazing smile, hot figure and no matter what she's wearing its hard to imagine her in anything other than a skirt and heels. For lack of a better word she's perfect as long as you do not (emphasis on do not) get on her wrong side. She can get pretty angry (told you everything about her is pretty). Every time I think of her I pause, I've known her for over three years now, and I still get tongue tied when I look into her beautiful eyes. Funny how life turns out of all the women i've ever met she's the one woman I should have asked out. But I was a different person then campus life... go out not knowing where you shall wake up a bed, tent, back seat of a car... And other questions such as whose bed, with whom etc. To cut the long story short I did not, and now we are good friends. Could have should have would have... With that in mind you can see how choosing a gift card can be tricky. All this cards with messages like I miss you, best girlfriend in the world, Thank you, your the best, its a boy, to the rest of our lives and my personal favorite Let's not talk about last night (yes they have a gift card that says that).
About the second girl, hehehe! I get a childish smile every time I think about her. She has the most unforgettable smile I've ever seen. Hard to think about her and imagine her having any other expression on her face other than that killer smile (am actually smiling as I type). I think its her eyes, her lips, the way she dresses or maybe the way she carries herself its majestic yet so innocent. Her voice and her chuckle. And wait till you see her dance, in her presence even the most sure footed of dancers could be forgiven for missing a step or two, now am not much of a dancer, so it can often be termed as disastrous when I try to dance with her. Ok I know what your thinking but before you draw any conclusions I'll tell you two truths. If I said I did not love her I would be lying but to say am in love with her would be at best a stretch of the truth. So getting her a gift card is even harder. So now do you see how an elegant blank card would be a good thing. Instead I ended up with two gift cards one titled 'Best Compliments' and the other 'Thank You'. Now between you and me giving a compliment is easy but saying thank you to a beautiful woman, whatever for?
Which brings us to the question why am I getting the two girls gift cards in the first place?
Its simple really, just because they might need a reason to smile.
As to who gets which gift card that's why there are Two Girls And A Gift Card...
Least it escapes my mention they are best friends.
So should either of you get a Gift Card titled Best Compliments or Thank You ignore the title and read the hand written message.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEARTLESS

60 seconds

RIDDLE ME THIS